All was calm, all was shiny – till your loved ones made a large number of Christmas dinner.
Whereas folks might collect round vacation tables this 12 months in smaller numbers to cease the unfold of COVID-19, dinner will nonetheless be scrumptious – and daresay, the leftovers are even higher.
If you happen to wind up with leftovers and are not fairly certain tips on how to serve them, take a nod from throughout the pond with Tesco’s simple recipe for a French dip-style turkey sandwich.
Although the U.Ok.’s largest grocery store chain calls the dish an final Boxing Day favourite, a sandwich loaded with turkey, stuffing and Brussels sprouts sounds simply nearly as good stateside, too.
Tesco’s French Dip Turkey Sandwich
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 4 ounces Brussels sprouts, cooked and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 sub rolls
- 4 tablespoons gentle mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1.5 ounces child spinach leaves
- 7 ounces turkey breast, cooked and sliced
- 7 ounces stuffing
- 5 ounces Reblochon cheese, thinly sliced
- 2.5 ounces gravy
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels F. Combine the sprouts, apple cider vinegar and a few seasoning in a bowl. Put aside. Break up rolls lengthways. Unfold mayonnaise over the underside halves of bread, and cranberry sauce on prime halves.
- Divide and distribute spinach leaves between rolls, topping every with turkey, stuffing and Brussels sprouts. Layer cheese on every roll, closing bread and gently urgent to maintain elements collectively. Put sandwiches on lined tray, baking for five to 7 minutes to desired crispiness or till cheese has melted.
- Warmth gravy, and pour into bowls to be served with sandwiches for straightforward dipping.
This recipe was reprinted with permission from Tesco.